Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Filming Beyond Belief

Oh my god oh my god OH. MY. GOD. YOU GUYS!!!

The moment has finally come, sort of, kind of, I'm too excited to make sense!! The point is, yesterday, I filmed!! Every last bit of my film now exists in this time zone at this very moment. Can you believe it?!

Let me tell you just how this process went.

So, picture this: it's after school, an uncomfortably warm Tuesday afternoon—the sun is at it's zenith in the center of the sky. My best friend, Federico, and I drive to Sunrise to my cousin's apartment and begin the exciting process of creating a film. Now, both of us are actors, so it was a pretty cool experience for the both of us to see how the other half lives!!

Overall we didn't have any problems filming, only at one point did my camera die but it only takes 30 minutes to charge it back up, and there was still a substantial amount of light, so we got everything done in no time!! The footage was shot on my Nikon D3100 camera so the quality of the footage was incredible, and just what I thought it would be!! Like I always say, I love visible progress. I can't believe how great this is coming together!!


Here are some screenshots from the footage. All of them include my star, Federico Payan.

This shot changes with a focus shift to show Fede in the back reacting to the dialogue. I love how the focus came out here to show the disarray on the counter from the party the night before!!
 This is an example of how I used my graphics in my filming. I like how subtle they are and how they fit very nicely into the scenario. I also used an over-the-shoulder shot here to show the family image that "Jeff" picks up as the dialogue continues!! I love how this shot came out.
 Here is my main actor, Federico Payan!! What a guy, we had such a great time filming. It's always great to work with friends, especially when it's your best friend!! This medium shot of "Jeff" in the kitchen as he cuts off his mother speaking helps display his distress and also his character and the state he is in.
I'm obsessed with this long shot of "Jeff" standing in his messy living room. His expression of annoyance with his mother and the apartment is very clear and helps establish the character!!







So, as you can see, things are looking great!!! I'm so excited to finish editing and get everything together!! I will report back to you tomorrow.


You have no idea how excited I am!! Things are coming up roses :-)


With much admiration, dedication, and starvation (is it lunch yet???),


Amalia Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment