Monday, March 14, 2016

Planting a Seed


Long time no talk, readers!!


I missed my media studies class on Friday due to a previously-planned Orlando trip, and because of that I missed out on something pretty cool. My apologizes, Ms. Stoklosa. I promise I really do care about this project ;)

As a result of this, I'm still on the same stone I left off on Thursday. However, just a second ago, as I was slaving away on my pencil-drawn story board, I spoke to my teacher about some ways to expand my ideas, and she has inspired me!! Shocking, right? A teacher who cares?? I am baffled.

She provided me with an excellent idea that can help expand my main character of Jeffery, as well as still incorporate my original elements that I am oh-so proud of.
Instead of having a voice over audio of the phone conversation between Jeffery and his mother, she suggested to "incorporate more modern elements" (her words verbatim) and have her on speaker phone, as Jeffery cleans around this apartment. Not only does this help display Jeffery's lack of effort towards his family, but it keeps some of my original ideas from my short story alive!! Hallelujah!!

Another problem my mystically magical teacher solved is my alcohol issue. As long as I don't include labels and have the bottles laying around, I'm all clear on that issue. For the first time in this process, I'm feeling some clarity.

Now, we start the process of storyboarding and filming. Since I've received these new ideas, I'm going to need to change some things around. I just thought I'd update you on how things are going.


Hoping you are just as giddy and kid-excited as I am,


Amalia Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment