Saturday, March 26, 2016

Writing Away My Worries, One App at a Time

Okay, okay, I know I told you yesterday I'd get back to you tomorrow, and I hope you didn't give up on me!! I've still got 45-ish minutes left of today!!


Speaking of that, I've got to talk fast. I spoke to my dad today like I told you, and he showed me a neat format for writing scripts called Celtx. This format allows for one to write a proper script in an easy to use text format. Unfortunately they've changed their layout and now the app is no longer free. My struggling teenage wallet is forced to open up again...sorry, wallet, I understand your cries; I wish we had money, too. Hopefully my little short film opening can help us out there one day!

$20 on an application later, (I KNOW RIGHT?!) and I've begun writing. The process is slow yet simple, but I'm glad I've finally started to make some progress!! Despite my hindering abilities and frequently short blog posts, I am very invested and excited for this film. Curse my existing social life that I've worked so hard to maintain!! You are keeping me from my real dreams!! *Sigh* It truly is the things we love most that kill us.

So, now it's time for me to update you on the world of my main character, Jeffery Robinson. In my film opening, as I believe I've told you earlier, I've decided to introduce my three main characters—Jeff and his two parents—through a phone call Jeff has the morning after a big party. In my script I'm going to include the dialogue from this phone call, in which Jeff's mom tells him that he needs to start getting his life together, spending more time with his father, etc. The scene ends with him coming up with the idea to throw his father a surprise party because, deep down in Jeff's little adolescent heart, he does love his dear old dad. Now, I'm wondering if keeping out the action of meeting his father and getting into the whole ordeal of the party is bad for my viewers, but since it's just supposed to be the first two minutes of the film, I'm sure it'll be alright. Besides, maybe one day the rest of the movie will exist. That's all on you, my friend. Like my movie?? Let me know!!

Now as you read this in the comfort of your home at a decent time of day, I'm sitting in my little apartment, exhausted, and ready to start making progress bright and early tomorrow morning (okay, afternoon. A kid's gotta get her rest!!).

Here's to more late night script writing in the near future!!


Your working woman with many worries and wondrous words (and mad alliteration skills),


Amalia Gonzalez

"Celtx - Free Scriptwriting & All-In-One Production Studios." Celtx - Free Scriptwriting & All-In-One Production Studios. Web. 26 Mar. 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment