Wednesday, March 16, 2016

The Pen is Not Much Mightier Than The Sword (In My Case)


Hello everyone!!

This week has been very eventful for me. Unfortunately, I came down with a cough this morning so I am feeling a bit under ze weather, but no worries! Nothing can stop this moving train!!

Now, in regards to my project, I have made a slight amount of progress. Since I received that wonderful idea from my teacher, I've had to make some changes to the original storyboard I began to sketch last week. Since I'm also starting from a sort of scratch point, my ideas are a bit jumbled and my sketches are not...at par with Picasso, I must say. I'm still quite proud of how far I've come, though! Things are looking up.

Sorry about the required head tilt here, but this is my official first draft of my story board!! Ta da!! So far so good; I've been able to incorporate a lot of camera techniques into my new idea for the opening than I was before, which makes me very happy. I'm glad I'm going to be able to show off my learned techniques and really have more fun making this film.

Now, when it comes to storyboarding, I'm not an expert, so I did some research on different online formats where I could create a "cleaner" outline. The first website I encountered was a very simple layout for storyboarding, Storyboard That. On here I can pick cartoon objects to represent my drawings and type in a text box below the image, just like I've been doing on paper!! This website is also free, so I'm going to look a bit more into it before I officially decide.
The next website was ACMI Generator, a more complex but still easy-to-use website to create story boards. I feel as though this one is a bit more professional, so there's a larger chance I'll use this one as long as it works well.

The steps that follow will include more physical activities and late night computer staring, which obviously I am looking forward to.  As soon as I decide which format to use, I'll get back to you with a new draft and much more enthusiasm.


Hoping to feel better before I start filming & that you're looking forward to this(!!!),


Amalia Gonzalez


 "Storyboard Generator." ACMI Generator. Web. 16 Mar. 2016. 

 "Storyboard That: The World's Best FREE Online Storyboard Creator." Storyboard That. Web. 16 Mar. 2016. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! I cracked up at some of your posting I read, well I think you have a pretty cool idea and by the looks of it you got a lot of your planning done. I think you should post another picture of your story board that way its clearer, and your audience can really catch your vision just cause its a little hard to see the one you posted. But besides that everything looks wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete