Monday, March 7, 2016

The Slow Beginnings


Hello all!!

So as I write to you, I have finally begun the ongoing process of creating my short film 2 minute introduction piece. I've been thinking of ideas for this from the beginning of the year, but now it's time to piece all these together and really crack the whip.

As an actress myself, I want to create a piece that I would enjoy being a part of/viewing. I enjoy a good comedy, something that engages the viewer. According to statista.com, comedies are the most popular movie genre of 2016 so far based on box office revenue (41.49%). However, I also do enjoy thrilling dramas, and creating a well-written, performed drama is always enticing. Dramas fall in a little below comedies on the same scale, at a less significant 31.46% popularity. It is with these facts that I have been drawn towards creating a sort of "dramatic comedy", something that will make you smile as well as make you think. Forrest GumpAmerican HustleSilver Linings Playbook, and The Kids Are Alright are some of the best dramatic comedies I can think of. If I could create something similar to the scheme presented in this films it would be so great!!

I hope to start finding my actors, writing down my story board and screenplay, and getting to work as soon as possible. No doubt updates will be coming soon!


Your local inspired actress-become-filmmaker,


Amalia Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment